외설악. 外雪嶽. Oeseorak
1137 Seoraksan-ro Sokcho-si Gangwon-do
(Information from KTO) A short 10 minute walk from the entrance to Sogongwon, Sinheungsa is a temple which used to be called Hyangseongsa, built by Jajangyulsa (590-658), who traveled to famous mountains all over the nation in Queen Jindeok’s (?-654) 6th year of reign. It was destroyed and rebuilt many times since. On the path to Sinheungsa Temple, there is a great bronze statue called Bronze Jwabul Statue, which is well over 10 meters high.